OVERVIEW OF ASSIGNMENT
You will analyze a current bill that has passed or is close to passing in California (Leginfo.ca.gov) or a federal bill. Be sure you are clear on what the bill says and its purpose. Once your bill has been assigned, you will need to analyze the bill according to the Karger and Stoesz framework.
The paper is basically composed of three sections:
• The first section should include an overview of your topic as it pertains to your bill, a description of the problem, and the historical context of the issue (refer to Karger and Stoesz). Include a review of the existing programs and policies that are in place to address the issue. (Three to Four Pages)
• The second section should include a description of the policy, and the policy’s historical context, i.e., what events led up to this bill being proposed, how it relates or doesn’t relate to existing policy, and a policy analysis using Karger and Stoesz as a guide. It should also contain analyses from faith integration, strengths perspectives, and a global summary. (Five to Six Pages)
• Finally, in the last section, summarize and present your arguments for or against the proposed legislation. Discuss how you believe it will impact the issues, existing programs and services, and professional social work practice (or your particular area of expertise). Identify unmet needs and gaps in service and issues not yet being adequately addressed. Speculate on what still needs to be done and /or what needs to be changed. Include any other recommendations you would make. This is an important section of the paper! (Two to Three Pages)
The final draft of your paper will be 10-13 pages long (not including title or reference page), double-spaced, with margins no larger than the standard one inch, 12-point Times Roman professional font, and will include page numbers. Write your paper according to APA format as discussed in class.
Include a reference list (APA format) and accurately cite references in the text according to APA. Key APA sections for you to review for your paper include Headings and Series /Quotations /Reference/Citations in text/Reference List.
Your paper must be based on a minimum (more recommended) of 6 professional sources, all of which must be peer-reviewed journal articles (this does not include web sites, but does include research articles obtained via online resources). You may add more than six, including non-peer reviewed journals, at your discretion.
The topic that ive chosen is: IMMIGRATION ON THE DACA
heres a outline to help: FOLLOW IT
BRIEF OUTLINE OF THE KARGER AND STOESZ POLICY ANALYSIS FORMAT
Note: This is an outline to give you an overview. Follow this outline specifically for full credit on your policy paper!
I. Historical Background of Policy (Note: First section of your paper)
• What historical problems led to the creation of the policy?
• How was the problem handled historically (before this policy)?
• When did this policy originate?
II. Description of the Problem (Note: First section of your paper)
• What is the nature of the problem?
• How many people are affected by the problem?
• How are they affected?
• How will the policy help to address the problem?
III. Description of Policy (Note: Second section of your paper)
• Who are the funding sources and duration of funding?
• Who are the agencies that are responsible for the policy?
• How will the policy be implemented?
• Short-term and long-term goals?
• Criteria to determine the effectiveness of the policy?
IV. Policy Analysis (Note: Second section of your paper)
• Are the goals of the policy legal/constitutional?
• Do the goals contribute to greater social equality?
• Do the goals of the policy improve the quality of life?
• Is the policy feasible politically? Economically? Administratively?
• What are the hidden assumptions of this policy?
• How does the policy view those it is supposed to help?
• Who are the beneficiaries of the policy?
V. Strengths Perspective Analysis (Note: Second section of your paper)
• What are the target population’s strengths and goals?
• What are the community resources?
• How does the target population define their need? What is their perspective?
• Was the target population involved in the policy development?
VI. Faith Integration Analysis (Note: Second section of your paper)
• How can Christian or religious faith be integrated with the implementation of this policy?
• What scriptures in the Bible or other religious traditions are relevant to this policy?
• Do you believe this policy is aligned with Christian or people of faith norms?
VII. GLOBAL IMPACT ANALYSIS (Note: Second section of your paper)
• Which countries have something similar?
• Describe their situation/policy.
• Would this policy benefit other countries? Identify which countries would benefit and provide a rationale.
VIII. Personal Arguments for or against the Policy (Note: Third section of your paper)
• How will it impact the issues, existing programs and services, and professional social work practice?
• What unmet needs and gaps in services/issues are not being adequately addressed?
• What still needs to be done or changed?
• What final recommendations would you make?
Ive attached the grading rubric and a Policy Analysis Paper Example on a diff topic though
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.