Preschool Classroom Observation
The goal of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to learn more about early childhood education practices by visiting and observing the following video: Setting Up To Suport Children’s Learning. You are to observe and write a rich and critical analysis on the specific areas listed below. You must observe the video at least once in order to gather the necessary information.
SLO 3: Students observe and assess early childhood settings, curriculum, and teaching strategies utilizing indicators of quality early childhood practice that support all children including those with diverse characteristic and their families.
Use the following format. Use subtitles to indicate the sections and include descriptions on the following areas and program components:
Introduction: (4 points)
· Before watching the observational video, read the following article: https://edsource.org/2013/tools-for-parents-what-to-look-for-in-a-preschool-program/39262
· In your own words, what are at least three important factors you should be looking at in your critical analysis of the classrooms you will see? Why are these factors important to children’s learning?
Overview of the classroom: (4 points)
· Provide a brief overview of the general physical settings of the classrooms. Include size, arrangement, and types of learning centers, equipment and materials. Offer a critical analysis about these features with regard to use of space and opportunities to learn and explore.
Daily Routines: (4 points)
· Document components of the children’s daily routines that were observed or spoken about. Why is it important for children to have the routine of an organized schedule? (2 points)
· Do you think the daily is developmentally appropriate? Does the daily routine reflects children’s rhythms and interests? Explain your answer (2 points)
Classroom Activities: (6 points)
· Describe the activities in progress shown throughout the video. Clearly describe what children were doing and the kinds of materials and equipment they were using at the time. How were they using the materials? What were the teachers doing? How were they interacting with the children? What are the children learning? Offer comments about the developmental appropriateness of the activities and equipment as well.
Emotional Climate: (4 points)
· Describe the emotional climate, is the atmosphere busy, hurried, quiet, tense, relaxed, loud, welcoming, etc.? Consider children’s and adults’ body language and facial expressions as well as tone of voice. How did the children and adults relate to each other socially and emotionally?
Teaching values and approach: (5 points)
· What teaching approach is being implemented? Constructivist or traditional?
Provide specific evidence. Consider the following: Traditional Vs. Constructivist Comparisons
Learning Statement: (3 points)
· Reflecting on your observation and written analysis, what new insights do you have about early childhood education and how children learn best?
· What questions, concerns, or ideas have emerged from your observation?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.