PREP FOR HAWTHORNE/POE PRESENTATION ACTIVITY (worth 2 Assignment grades). This is a mock presentation, just the prep part, which will make sense when you read the instructions.
1. Skim through the short stories by clicking the folder under Literary Analysis. There are 7.
2. Choose one that excites your imagination, one that you’d like to use for your presentation and your analysis. Print it out and annotate it for story elements, literary devices, and themes. Make sure to consider HOW the author uses the device, element, or ___________ to make meaning. Another question you might ask is HOW _____________ contributes to the reader’s understanding of the work as a whole.
3. Print out and read carefully through the instructions for the presentation.
You will choose a Hawthorne or Poe short story from the Moodle folder, then email me your choice. This should be the same story you will write about for Formal Paper 3. Make sure to download before printing out so that we’re all using the same page numbers for citations.
2. Usually, this activity requires in-class presentations, but we will pretend. Instead, we’ll present to each other using our class forum application. Prepare and attach a PowerPoint (7-10 slides) that teaches your Hawthorne or Poe short story by showing a) how the author uses a literary element to develop the story and b) why the element is essential to the reader’s understanding of a critical theme.
3. All slides should have pictures and text.
4. CITATIONS: Since you’ll mention the author’s name and title in your introduction, there is no need to repeat it parenthetically, so you will only cite the page number of your quoted or referenced part of the story. Format parenthetical citations as follows:
In “Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment,” the author admits that his story’s protagonist has become “the nucleus for a thousand fantastic stories” (2).
Notice the placement of the close quote and the period after the close parenthesis. See MLA paper formatting for more information on this.
5. In a paragraph of at least 10 sentences, comment on at least one classmate’s presentation by the due date. Consider comments regarding the student’s responses to step 2 above and any other notables on which you’d like to comment.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.