A. What do I write about?
1. Thesis – Explain the topic of the article as well as the author’s main argument or focus.
2. Evidence – Analyze the evidence that the author uses to support his/her thesis. Does the evidence support his/her thesis? Identify any primary sources used. Primary sources are sources that were contemporary for the period discussed. Typically, an historical journal article uses newspaper articles and magazine articles of the era. Other primary sources would be essays written in that time period such as autobiographies, pamphlets, letters, diaries, and legal documents. Here’s a few examples: Harper’s Weekly (a popular magazine in the 1800s), The New York Times (published in the time period discussed), The Federalist Papers (a collection of essays written by James Madison, John Jay and Alexander Hamilton, written in 1787), “Common Sense” (a pamphlet written by Thomas Paine in 1776), letters from John Adams to Abigail Adams, and the diary of Mary Chestnut which was written during the Civil War. Secondary sources are typically textbooks, history books, biographies, and scholarly journal articles.
Use this format for citing pages of your article in the Common Assignment: (56). You do not need to write the name of the article.
Ø This is not a research paper. Do not use Wikipedia. Do not copy/past from the Internet.
3. Conclusion – How did the article change your knowledge of that historical topic. How does your background affect your reading of this topic?
4. Connection to the present You should make a connection to whatever you read to the present day. Example: Coxey’s Army (1894) was a march to Washington in which the marchers demanded jobs from the federal government. It foreshadows some modern day Washington marches such as the 2016 Women’s March.
5. Provide comments and/or criticisms of the work. You can use direct quotes but be sure you use quotation marks. Avoid long quotes (more than three lines). You do not use any other sources.
Ø You are limited to two quotes. If you do use more than two, I will dock points. If you do use a long quote, I will dock points.
1. How long does it have to be? It should be at least 550 words. It can be longer.
2. Format – The essay should be double-spaced (except for the citation). The font should be Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. Citation – Your citation should use the correct Chicago Style which is used by historians. You can use the citations that most databases use. You can copy the citation to the clipboard on Word.
4. It must be in Word.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.