*** a plus if you know Spanish to understand lyrics, but not required ***
This assignment is for a Salsa, Soca, Reggae music class! We are in the Salsa unit so get ready to listen to some salsa and son. 🙂 It is a concert report for an Afro-Cuban concert in Mexico that I watched on Youtube called Absolutely Live II – Viva Mexico! – Juan de Marcos – Afro-Cuban All Stars. You must watch it. The report will be about it. You can search this name on Youtube but I will also include the link. ~be sure to read the description of the youtube video in the link – it includes needed info like the names of the band members, their instruments, song names in order w/ details, and more.
I will attach/include
– Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bunzKhgKSOY&feature=share
– Class Readings (chose 1 to incorporate)
* Moore, Robin.Nationalizing Blackness: AfroCubanismo and Artistic Revolution in Havana, 1920-1940Preview the document. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1997, pp.13-40. (pdf)
* Benitez-Rojo, Antonio.The Repeating Island: the Caribbean and the Postmodern PerspectivePreview the document.Preview the documentDurham: Duke University Press, 1996.
* Manuel, Peter. Caribbean Currents (Third Edition). Philadelphia; Temple University Press. –> chapter 1 and 2
(LET ME KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE READINGS)
– Two sample reports (they were written before coronavirus, which explains why they describe a concert they visited)
– an outline I started but never finished
~ Some class notes (just look at the first couple pages if anything)
I’ve copied and pasted the professor’s instructions for this assignment:
“The attendance of a Caribbean virtual music performances during the semester is required. A three-page review is required. The three page reports should include the following: documentation of who performed (names of musicians and bandleader); location of event (include the name of the venue); what type of event (e.g., club performance, street festival, etc.); how you would stylistically classify the music (i.e., after positing the music stylistically, describe the cultural influences that can be heard both in terms of musical elements and non-musical components that support your claims); try to use the musical terminology introduced in class; repertoire played (name of selections); and include your impressions of the event (was the performance competent? what did you learn from the experience?). You will be required to incorporate class readings into your discussion. Be sure to use proper citation style (Chicago or MLA). Please keep your answers concise and limit your responses to three pages, double space, 12 point type (Times New Roman font preferred).”
Extra instructions/notes from me:
~ Minimum one reading is required! And maybe all that fits considering this report is only 3 pages double spaced
– The terminology the professor is referring to is mentioned in the readings. terminology like collective participation, call and response, etc.
– Things I was thinking about mentioning in the report:
* the way band members dance/interact with the audience. At one point the band members dance with the audience which could be related to collective participation.
* The way that the performers are dressed
~ Pick a song ( so you can identify what instruments you can hear in the intro canto, montuno
~ An idea to consider is lyric interpretation
Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions, I am more than happy to answer anything.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.