Assignment: To create and evaluate a human services organization, and write a synthesis of this experience.
Students are asked to use the Competency Building Activities which are located in the Table of contents in D2L under the folder entitled “Competency Building Assignments.” You will be required to incorporate the 10 competency activities outlined below to build a human service organization of your own choosing. Below is an out-line of the format of the paper and where each competency activity should be included.
Format and Layout:
· Your Term Paper should be 4-5 pages in length, doubled spaced, with 1 inch margins. Typeface should be no larger than size 12 Times New Roman font.
Citations and references:
· Lengthy direct quotations are not acceptable. You should paraphrase the author’s ideas in your own words.
· All sources should be cited parenthetically in the text and included on your
reference page according to ASA or APA style guidelines.
Section 1 – Introduction:
Your Introduction is where you begin the process of creating your own hypothetical human service program. Here is where you will choose a program about which you feel a sense of passion. This section will also include the political, economic, social and technological factors that may affect your program. In this section you will also discuss the mission, goals and measurable objectives, and the activities and services that will help you meet these objectives. Your introduction should be 4-6 paragraphs in total length and should include the following:
A. Competency Building Activity 1 – Conceptualizing a New Human Service Program – 10 Points (1-2 paragraphs)
· What kind of need might your program address? Would you be focusing on a particular population or a particular issue or problem? Identify the population or issue you plan to address.
· As you consider your program, think about what the central mission of this program would be. Write a very brief statement about this central mission.
· Give your program a name.
B. Competency Building Activity 2: Knowing the Environment – 10 Points (2 paragraphs)
· What are the political, economic, social, and technological factors that would be most likely to affect the clients you will serve?
· How might you go about assessing the needs and the strengths of your program’s community?
· What factors of culture and diversity would have the greatest effect on your clients and your program?
C. Competency Building Activity 3: Planning 10 Points (1-2 paragraphs)
· What are the mission and primary goals for this program?
· Give some examples of specific, measurable objectives that would help meet one of the goals you have identified.
· What are some activities or services that would be helpful in meeting the objectives
Section 2 – The Body
The Body of your paper will be divided in headings that is connected to your Introduction and will incorporate the following Competencies. Here is where you will discuss the several approaches to Organizational Design, discuss the overview of the program which will include the description of main departments, programs and activities, organizational structure – number of staff, main positions (e.g., 3 directors, 10 supervisors, 20 counselors)· Management and leadership style,- corporate authority management and leadership style and Supervisory needs and a budget which shows the funding needs of your program. The body should consist in total of 5-8 paragraphs
D. Competency Building Activity 4: Organizational Theories 10 Points (1-2 paragraphs)
· Do you find some of these theories more helpful than others? Which ones are most helpful?
· What theories do you see being used, explicitly or implicitly, in an organization with which you are familiar? Are these the appropriate theories to be used? If not, which ones would be better?
· In the human service program you have been designing, which theory do you plan to apply?
E. Competency Building Activity 5: Designing The Program/ Competency Building Activity 6: Jobs 15 Points (2-3 paragraphs)
· How should the organization’s work be departmentalized?
· How should work be divided among departments and individuals? Draw an organizational chart that you could use to describe the agency’s design.
· How would you make sure that the work of various individuals and groups was effectively coordinated?
· Identify several of the key jobs that will make your program work. Choose one of the key jobs and describe the job that you have selected. What will be the most important activities that the person holding this job will carry out?
· If you were planning to hire a person for this job, what would be the primary qualifications the person should have? How would you assess whether the job candidates possess these qualifications? What would be the key questions you would ask in an interview situation? What answers would you be seeking?
F. Competency Building Activity 7: Supervision
Competency Building Activity 11: Leadership 15 Points (2-3 paragraphs)
· As you examine your organizational chart, see whether you have a clear way to identify the key supervisor roles that need to be played. Do you have a clear picture of what the supervisory relationships might be in your organization? Identify and list the supervisory pairs (supervisor and supervisee) that would work together for general and clinical supervision.
· In the previous chapter, you developed some ideas about a particular job that would need to be filled. Once this job is filled, what would be the most important issues that the employee’s supervisor might need to address?
· Considering the characteristics of the program you have designed, what kind of leader would be best to manage the program?
· What factors within this particular program, including the characteristics of staff, would give guidance as to the best leadership styles?
· What specific leadership traits, competencies, and theories would be needed for an effective leader of this program?
G. Competency Building Activity 8: Budgeting 10 Points
· For each component of your program, try to figure out what its costs might be. Take into account the timing of the activity; the personnel costs; any special consultant costs; and the non-personnel costs, such as supplies, equipment, and office space.
· Making use of your cost estimates, create a line-item budget showing the funding needs of your program for one year.
Section 3 – The Conclusion
H. Competency Building Activity 9: Information Systems
Competency Building Activity 10: Evaluation 10 Points (2-3 paragraphs)
· Your hypothetical agency now has a logic model, goals and objectives, staff, and a budget. Now you can use all of these elements to develop an information system that will enable you to document program implementation and the accomplishment of objectives. You will also want to develop formats to document client demographics and keep track of the types and numbers of services provided as well as number of clients served.
· Describe your information system, giving particular attention to (a) how you will measure the accomplishment of objectives and (b) how you will document changes in the quality-of-life conditions experienced by clients.
· Do you plan to use quantitative, methods, qualitative methods, or both? On what did you base this choice?
· What methods will you use to evaluate each of your objectives?
· What process measures will you use? What outcome measures will you use?
I. Competency Building Activity 12: Organizational Excellence 10 Points (2-3 paragraphs)
· Reflect once again on your hypothetical program. Assume that even though it is a new program it is part of a much larger agency that has been in existence for thirty years.
· What challenges do you think this program and the agency as a whole may be facing in order to stay vibrant, to remain aware environmental changes, and to keep up with best practices in the field?
· If this agency completed a management audit, what opportunities for improvement might become evident? What development, growth, or training activities do you foresee would be helpful to the organization?
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.