Each student will choose a chemical element to research. No two students can choose the same element. Each student will research his or her chosen element and answer the 18 questions below. The information obtained by these questions will be presented to the class and the instructor via a typed Essay and PowerPoint presentation. The Essay must be a complete 3 FULL pages long typed, double spaced, 12 point font and “Times New Roman” The PowerPoint presentation must be 10 slides minimum; must include images of the element, uses, and compounds. Be creative!!! Students may record themselves and send the audio file or write a typed script for each slide the choice is yours.
All presentations are to be conducted in proper taste. Any use of inappropriate language or behavior will result in a grade of zero.
Due Date: Elements must be chosen by The fourth week of classes and posted as a discussion board thread Chemistry Element Project. I will open this discussion board ASAP. The rule is simple. The first person to select an element and post it to the discussion board gets to do that element. In the discussion, board Posting put your Name and the Element you selected in the Subject line. When you submit your element make sure that no one else has taken that element. I will only give credit to the first submission. Project is Due 6th week of classes and must be submitted electronically.
1) What is the name of your element? (1)
2) What is the chemical symbol for your element? (1)
3) What is the atomic number? (1)
4) What is the atomic mass? (1)
5) How many electrons does this element have? (1)
6) How many protons does this element have? (1)
7) How many neutrons does this element have? (1)
8) What is the melting point of this element? (1)
9) What is the boiling point of this element? (1)
10) Is this element a solid, liquid, or gas at room temperature? (1)
11) What is the density of this element? (1)
12) Is this element a metal, nonmetal, or metalloid? (1)
13) List four properties that your element has. (4)
14) Give the names and chemical formulas for 5 compounds in which this element exists. (5)
15) How abundant is this element in the earth’s crust, the ocean, and the atmosphere? You need to find at least one. (1)
16) How was this element named? Include origin (Latin, Greek, etc.), word(s), and the meaning(s). (3) Example: The origin of this element comes from the Greek words “oxus” meaning acid and “gennan” meaning generate.
17) Who discovered this element? When? (2)
18) Name five uses for this element. (5)
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.