1. Students are required to choose a disease process of interest (Asthma, Diabetes, etc.) and focus on a developmental stage (adult or older adult).
a) Address the following related to the disease process:
a. Safe and Effective Care Environment
b. Health Promotion and Maintenance
c. Psychosocial Integrity
d. Physiological Integrity
2. Identify the Healthy People 2020 objective(s) related to this disease process.
3. Find a least four (4) current peer-reviewed articles, and at least two (2) other related sources to support the information used.
Grading Criteria Possible Points Earned Points
Develop a purpose statement that integrates the disease process of interest, the
problem identified, and the developmental stage associated.
1. Identify a disease process of interest [Asthma, Diabetes, etc.], and focus on
a developmental stage (child, adolescent, adult or older adult).
2. Identify a problem related to the disease process and the developmental
3. Discuss the pathophysiology of the disease process.
4. Discuss the epidemiology [Incidence/Prevalence/disparities -demographic
– age, sex,
ethnicity, education, economic, geographic] of the disease process.
5. Identify the risk factors associated with the disease process.
6. Discuss the health disparity associated with the disease process and the
associated Healthy People 2020 health indicator.
Review of Literature
1. Review at least 4 peer-reviewed articles, which discusses the
status/treatment/Standard of Care for the problem/issue you have
2. Discuss how the article(s) relates to the disease process/issue that you have
3. The author(s) of these articles should include at least one Registered Nurse,
and preferable published in a Nursing Journal. 20
Significance to Nursing 1. What is the responsibility of nursing in improving the population outcomes in the management and prevention of the disease process/issue identified? 2. What is/are the role(s) of nursing towards individuals/communities in promoting health outcomes? 10
Implications for Nursing
How may nursing positively impact the health outcomes of
individual/communities affected by this health problem/issue from the
1. Nursing Education – [Preparing nurses to provide evidence based care]
2. Nursing Practice – [what guides the quality of care provided – policies;
procedures; patient teaching; etc.]
3. Nursing Research – [what kind of studies are needed– design; quantity;
4. Nursing Health Policy – [nursing influences on policies that affect
healthcare or how care is provided]
Give an example of how nursing may impact the health outcomes or the
patients/community success related to this health problem/issue from each of the
above perspective. 20
1. Include a discussion on the progress toward the Healthy People 2020 goals
for the identified problem/issue.
2. State any deficiency in nursing knowledge that you may have identified.
3. Make recommendations for future studies in nursing. 10
The assignment should be submitted with a cover page and a reference list,
presented in the correct APA (7th ed.) format. Attentions should also be placed
on correct spelling and grammar. All references should be current, having been
published within the past 5 years. 5
This assignment accounts for 8% of your overall grade. 100
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.