“According to the two articles we read for class, what are some of the essential stylistic and thematic characteristics of the “genre” we call film noir? Discuss these characteristics in relation to two or three films often discussed in the context of noir. Among them several will be made available to students via Google Drive: Double Indemnity (Billy Wilder, 1944), Gun Crazy (Joseph Lewis, 1950), The Hitch-Hiker (Ida Lupino, 1953), and Kiss Me Deadly (Robert Aldrich, 1955). You are free to select others as well but your paper should ideally cover at least two different periods of noir as described in Paul Schrader’s article.”
– All finals should be between 1600 and 2000 words, which roughly converts to 5 to 7 pages with properly formatted (double-spaced with 12-point font). Students should include a notation at the end of the essay indicating the final word count. Note: while I am okay with students going (slightly) over the 2000 word count, students should not go under 1600 words; doing so will result in a deduction.
– Students are encouraged to do additional research into the films and filmmakers they are considering in their papers but this additional research needs to be assimilated and integrated as seamlessly as possible into the final paper. Students should date all the films they discuss in a similar way as the samples listed above.
– Students should substitute paraphrase for quotes as much as possible. Both quotes and paraphrases need to be properly cited (e.g., author, page number). Failure to properly credit someone else’s arguments and making it appear as your own is plagiarism and will result in a fail grade.
– Overreliance on quotes as well as excessive spelling and grammatical errors will result in a deduction. • Feel free to include visuals (frame grabs, diagrams) as part of the submission, but make sure these are not used as a replacement for one’s own substantive engagement with the topic at hand.
– Although visuals do not influence/change word count, the instructor will give students extra credit for putting these kinds of finishing touches on their work, especially when these visuals are directly relevant to the focus of the paper (but make sure to properly resize any/all images used in the paper; they should not be too large or ungainly).
I can provide the titles for the films and I can send the article too.
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.