Please see link above for article: Write a 200 word summary of the article using your own words.
· Use MLA format only
· Begin by introducing the author by full name, the “of the article” in quotation marks and the title of the publication in italics. Subsequent references to the author should be by last name only
· State the author’s main argument (i.e. the author argues X because A, B and C).
· In the summary, include points that illustrate the author’s argument only. Omit other details or background information.
· Signal the ownership of ideas with attributive tags and signal phrases throughout your summary. (If you skip more than two sentences without an attributive tag or signal phrase, you are not using them consistently throughout the summary.)
· Ensure that the representation of the article is neutral and balanced.
· Do not use any quotes.
At the end of your summary, provide a thesis statement responding to the author’s main argument. Your thesis may take the following format: I dis/agree with the [author’s] argument, because [insert your own reasons]. If you are agreeing, be sure that you are not copying the author’s reasons, but providing your own reasons for coming to the same conclusion.
The summary you provide here will become the introduction for your argumentative essay.
Then, write a 700 word body for your thesis.
· Include clear, specific and focused topic sentences for each body paragraph and ensure that the topic sentences support the thesis.
· Include at least 3 sources (other than the source you are responding to) in your essay. These sources should be used to support your argument response to the article you have found. At least one source must be from the library database. Sources like Wikipedia will not be accepted.
· Use no more than two quotes; all quotes should be integrated into your writing using the three-step method. No block quotes.
· Display careful proofreading and editing for grammar, mechanics and punctuation.
· Sources that are summarized or paraphrased must be cited in-text using MLA format.
· Include at least four sources total
· Include a separate Works Cited page listing sources alphabetically in MLA format.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroduction and Thesis
The introduction begins by introducing the author, source, publication and key argument of the article to which the essay will respond. The introduction then provides a unified and cohesive summary of the article and includes only main points from the article that support the author’s thesis, as identified in the first statement of the introduction. The thesis appears at the end of the introduction and clearly and explicitly responds to the main argument of the article by agreeing or disagreeing with its central premise. The thesis provides original, persuasive reasons for agreeing or disagreeing. The thesis does not repeat the article’s argument nor does it deviate from the topic discussed in the article.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent, Clarity and Support
The body of the essay supports the thesis. Each paragraph develops one of the reasons mentioned in the thesis statement. Specific, authoritative examples and evidence are used to support the reasons within each paragraph. Most evidence comes from researched sources.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization and Transitions
The body of the essay follows the order of reasons mentioned in the thesis statement. Each paragraph focuses on and develops one of those reasons and is unified and cohesive. The overall development of points in the argument shows consideration of audience and rhetorical impact.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeCritical Response
The argument shows critical thought and nuance in both how it is developed and presented as well as in the choice of examples and evidence brought forth to support it.
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting Clarity and MLA Formating
Well edited, largely free of error. Quotes from sources are used minimally (no more than two lines at a time) and selectively and are correctly integrated into the writing. References to sources, whether quoted, paraphrased or summarized, are properly and clearly signaled throughout. In-text citations are used correctly throughout.
A complete list of works cited is provided at the end of the essay. Sources are listed alphabetically by first word and are listed in correct and complete MLA format.
A minimum of four sources are listed (one of which is the article summarized in the introduction).
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.