First Paper: Socrates’ Teaching Method
To receive full credit for this paper it is important that you consult the grading rubric below carefully. You must follow all of the instructions to get all of the points.
Grading Rubric: 50 points possible (5% of your final grade)
1. Papers should be a typed essay (paragraph form), double spaced and well edited:
a. Re-read and edit your papers before turning them in. There should be hardly any grammar or spelling mistakes.
i. 1 error = 0 points off
ii. 2-3 = 5 points off
iii. 4-5 = 10 points off
iv. More than 5 = 15 points off
2. Have a title for your paper. 2 points
3. Evaluate what you have read and learned about Socrates and teaching.
a. Do not use outside sources (just class notes and the readings)
b. For each of the following three parts have a section heading in your paper:
i. Begin your paper with the three parts of Socrates’ teaching method and specific examples that illustrates how the method works 25 pts
1. Pick your examples for each part of the method from Euthyphro, Apology, Crito or Meno. You may also draw from Ion and Lysis.
2. Remember to define and explain the Greek terms (10pts)
a. Give examples of each step of the teaching method
3. Use direct quotes in your examples and explanations to show me that you know what each step is and can pick it out in the dialogues.
ii. Analysis section. Here you will demonstrate that you have thought about the teaching method. You should show me here more than just repeating back things said in class, or that you can find examples in the texts. You need to demonstrate that you have also pondered and meditated on the strengths and weaknesses of Socrates’ method.
1. State what you think is valuable about Socrates’ approach to teaching and learning. Give specific examples. 10 pts
2. Provide a critique of what Socrates does. Give specific examples of things you think are bad or could be modified to help students learn better. 12 pts
a. Be sure to explain why the feature is bad – give reasons!
b. Be sure to include how you think Socrates teaching should be modified to make it better
4. Do not use any outside sources. This paper should be a demonstration of your own effort, your own thoughts. Material used from the Internet will result in a zero grade. Presenting the work of others as your own in any way is plagiarism and will result in a zero grade.
5. There is no specific length for this paper. As long as you fulfill the requirements sufficiently you should be fine.
a. Do not try to make a long paper thinking it will be better; nor should you make it too short (e.g., a few sentences or a short paragraph for each of the sections is not enough).
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.