Part I. Completion. (2 points each)
1. The _____ was the agreement by which the colony of Virginia purchased what is now West Virginia from the Iroquois Confederacy in 1744.
2. _____ are the types of sources historians use that are contemporary with the events being studied.
3. _____ was the effort on the part of the Vandalia investors to create a 14th state, which would include most of what is now West Virginia.
4. About 69 feet high with a diameter of 295 feet, the _____ was the subject of various theories about its origins until it was finally excavated in 1838.
5. Made transferable by the Virginia Land Law of 1779, ____ enabled settlers to claim up to four hundred acres by marking trees and “improving” the land.
6. Conducting an expedition to find the Northwest Passage, _____ explored as far as the New River in current Giles County, Virginia in September 1671.
7. Mistaken by whites to be a form of money, _____ was how Indians often kept track of genealogies, history, and diplomatic agreements.
8. The murder of the family of _____ in April 1774 did much to destabilize western Virginia right before Lord Dunmore’s War.
9. French claims on the Ohio Valley were based on the exploration of _____, a renowned 17th century explorer.
10. The principle Shawnee civil chief, _____ commanded Indian forces at the Battle of Point Pleasant in October 1774.
11. _____ was the 1816 Supreme Court case that returned land to the Fairfax that had been confiscated during the Revolutionary War by Virginia.
12. Later volunteering as an aide for General Braddock, _____ was sent by Virginia Governor Dinwiddie to warn the French that they were occupying the lands of the King of England.
13. As royal governor, _____ led an expedition in June 1716 that made the first scientific observations of the Appalachian Mountains and renewed Virginia’s interest in westward expansion.
14. _____ was the French fort at the Forks of the Ohio that threatened all English backed settlement in western Virginia.
15. An attempt to awaken the French “father,” _____ was the Indian uprising that immediately followed the Seven Years War and was finally suppressed by the Bouquet campaign.
Part II. Identification. Choose six of the following options. Write a paragraph identifying and explaining the significance of each choice. (5 points each)
Devereux Smith Anne Bailey Joseph Doddridge
Proclamation of 1763 John Fontaine Fort Gower Resolutions
Lewis Wetzel Ft. Henry Treaty of Camp Charlotte
Plagiarism Free Papers
All our papers are original and written from scratch. We will email you a plagiarism report alongside your completed paper once done.
All papers are submitted ahead of time. We do this to allow you time to point out any area you would need revision on, and help you for free.
A title page preceeds all your paper content. Here, you put all your personal information and this we give out for free.
Without a reference/bibliography page, any academic paper is incomplete and doesnt qualify for grading. We also offer this for free.
Originality & Security
At Homeworkpaper.net, we take confidentiality seriously and all your personal information is stored safely and do not share it with third parties for any reasons whatsoever. Our work is original and we send plagiarism reports alongside every paper.
24/7 Customer Support
Our agents are online 24/7. Feel free to contact us through email or talk to our live agents.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
We work around the clock to see best customer experience.
Our prices are pocket friendly and you can do partial payments. When that is not enough, we have a free enquiry service.
Admission help & Client-Writer Contact
When you need to elaborate something further to your writer, we provide that button.
We take deadlines seriously and our papers are submitted ahead of time. We are happy to assist you in case of any adjustments needed.
Your feedback, good or bad is of great concern to us and we take it very seriously. We are, therefore, constantly adjusting our policies to ensure best customer/writer experience.