Paper II: Argumentative Research Paper (First draft)
Purpose and Description
The aim of composing an argumentative research paper is not only to summarize existing perspectives or simply to inform readers about a topic. You have been developing these skills throughout the course, and you should use them to support your writing process, but they are not ends in themselves; rather, they are a means to achieve more complex rhetorical objectives. Your aim for this assignment will be to construct a research-based argument that contributes something new to an ongoing scholarly conversation. The instructions described below are designed to guide you through this process.
Invention and Inquiry
• Identify the core problem that motivates your research; (the hole in the conversation)
• Revisit your research question and refine/refocus it where necessary; (make sure that research question isn’t too vague/broad)
• Gather together the resources you have developed up to this point in the semester;
• Note the different perspectives represented in the conversation you have defined;
• Consider where you stand with respect to core problem and competing perspectives;
• Draft a thesis statement in which you position yourself within the conversation. Note, your thesis statement should be based on the research you have completed, the evidence you have gathered, and the contribution you hope to make to the scholarly conversation. Your thesis should present three main points. Note, these main points will be structuring your body paragraphs.
Sample thesis: “Therefore, the ketogenic diet serves as an effective dietary method for the treatment of seizures because of x,y,z.” X,y,z in this statement will be replaced with the three main points that will structure your body paragraphs.
The Composing Process
• Introduce your topic and define the scope of your paper; (i.e. this is your introduction)
o Provide background on your topic and why it should interest to your audience;
o Use the sources you have gathered to position yourself in a scholarly conversation;
o Your thesis should be the final sentence of your introduction.
▪ Your thesis should be in bold and underlined
• Add your own research findings based on the evidence you have gathered and analyzed; (i.e. this is the section where you present your body paragraphs and elaborate on each of the main points presented in your thesis).
o Discuss and support your argument with evidence
o You should devote more than one paragraph to elaborating on the main points presented in your thesis
• Draw a conclusion about the topic that adds something new to the conversation;
o Reaffirm the importance of the issue and pointing toward additional research and/or analysis that can be done to better understand and potentially act on it.
Your paper should:
• Articulate and develop a clear and compelling thesis;
• Position your argument within a scholarly conversation;
• Fully integrate a minimum of 6 sources into your argument;
• Be written in a clear, precise, and active prose style;
• Include a title that reflects the spirit and scope of your paper;
• Be 6-7 FULL pages in length (double-spaced, one-inch margins, 12 point Times New Roman or Garamond typeface);
• Be uploaded to Canvas as a Word document by the deadline (consult class schedule).
The work of joining a scholarly conversation is neither simple nor easy. As you have learned throughout the semester, it requires that we learn about existing scholarship and find ways that we can contribute to it through our own, independent research. It is difficult work, but if done well, you can use your writing to join conversations and help to address important problems both in the academy and in the context of work and community life. Please write or stop by my office (or both) if you have questions about this assignment or anything else related to the course.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.