Choose one of the questions below to discuss in detail Dickinson’s poetry. Be sure to include textual support in your analysis, and do not use outside sources other than Dickinson’s own poems. MLA MLAMLA
1. Dickinson frequently uses dashes in place of more standard punctuation like commas. How does this affect the readers’ understanding of the poems? How would the poems change with different punctuation?
2. Dickinson does not write poems with the intent of moralizing or of teaching ethics as her contemporaries did. Do her poems make you think? What do they make you think about or why don’t they make you think?
3. Choose any poems assigned of Dickinson. Paraphrase the first two stanzas of the poem in your own language while retaining Dickinson’s meaning.
4. In “I Dwell in Possibility,” Dickinson sets up “possibility” as the opposite of “prose.” How does her poetry represent this idea of possibility? Using Dickinson’s metaphor of the house, what does she suggest when she says that poetry is “more numerous of windows, superior – for doors”?
5. In “I Heard a Fly Buzz”, Dickinson imagines the moment of her own death. What role does the fly play in this imagining? She writes “There interposed a Fly –/ With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –/ Between the light – and me.” What is her relationship to the fly?
6. Discuss Dickinson’s use of slant rhyme and her purpose in using it in one of the assigned poems
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.