RWS 200: PROMPT FOR WRITING PROJECT #3 First draft due for review: by Monday, April 27
Final draft due for grading: by Monday, May 11
Submission requirements: Please use Google Docs to submit your
project. (“Share” it with me and allow me to “Comment.”)
ESSAY PROCESS AND FORMAT: Your fully developed Annotated Bibliography must be at least
(4) typed, double-spaced pages, have a creative title, and conform to MLA guidelines. LEARNING OUTCOMES: Using a group of texts, examine the context within which a piece of
writing was created and how that text is shaped by those contexts.
PROMPT: The purpose of this assignment is to use your four researched sources to develop a “topical” Annotated Bibliography. (The topic is “context.” You will organize your sources according to physical, historical, political, and modern contexts.)
A successful Annotated Bibliography will:
1. Carefully follow the guidelines of the prompt.
2. Use sophisticated language that will engage an audience unfamiliar with the subject.
3. Accurately follow the MLA format.
4. Have clearly stated summaries with ideas that are fully developed.
5. Be thoroughly edited so that sentences are readable and contain little to no errors in
spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Novel: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (published in 1953)
RESEARCH “SCAVENGER HUNT”
For this assignment, you are to find:
1. One source that provides a comprehensive overview of the novel. (What is the setting? Who are the main characters? What is the basic plot of the story?)
Suggestion for research: Sparknotes.com
2. One source that provides a relevant and thorough biography of the author.
(Note: Pay particular attention to “who the author was” at the time he wrote the novel, and any personal connections he may have had to the subject matter.)
3. One source that discusses a “real life” historical event or issue that explains the story or what was happening at the time the story was written. (Note: This source must provide general information only. It must not directly discuss the novel or the author.)
Suggestions for research: McCarthyism, the influence of television in the 1950s, Totalitarianism, or book burnings/censorship in the 1930’s – 1950s.
4. One source that discusses a “real life” current event or issue that is related to the plot or themes of the novel.
Suggestions for research: Totalitarianism or the influence of mass and social media today.
1. At least one of the sources must be an article obtained from a library article database. (Recommended: Academic Search Premier (Ebscohost), ProQuest, JSTOR, Lexis-Nexis)
2. The other sources may be books, reputable websites, videos, etc. However, encyclopedias or generic sources such as Wikipedia, Encarta, Britannica, World Book, About.com, Ask.com, Info Please, or Quora.com are not acceptable sources for this assignment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.