This week, you will complete a 100-question, multiple-choice exam on concepts covered throughout this course. You will have six hours to complete the Final Exam. You will have one attempt to complete the exam, and it must be completed in one sitting by the end of the day on Sunday, Day 6 of Week 5. Remember to save your answers often while you are taking the exam. If you should have any technical issues while taking the exam, you must contact your instructor immediately and be prepared to complete the exam that same day.
HCA 375 Week 5 Final Exam with Answers
HCA 375 Week 5 – Final Exam
1. The purpose of continuous quality improvement (CQI) programs is to improve health care by
2. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) wrote guidelines called �red-flag,� which were prompted by what event(s)?
3. Can be consider the founder of nursing
4. The National Committee of Quality Assurance is
5. The organization that is best known for evaluating hospitals and physicians based on clinical outcomes and patient surveys is
6. The Joint Commission is
7. The organization that assists poverty stricken countries to find solutions to their health and development problems is
8. Quality improvement is the responsibility of
9. Organizations interested in global quality improvement include all of the following EXCEPT
10. Which organization promoted use of a surgical safety checklist that includes having the patient confirm their identity, as well as the surgery site, procedure
to be performed, and give consent prior to surgery?
11. The tracer methodology refers to
12. What is the name of the facilities that were utilized to quarantine contagious patients?
13. The Joint Commission accreditation process is every
14. NCQA�s method of performance measurement is
15. The agency that is responsible for the nation�s health by educating citizens to prevent and control health threats is called
16. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services is
17. This act is an attempt to help patients afford medication by providing prescription drug coverage . What is it called?
18. Significant improvements occurred during the post-industrial behavior. Which of the following is considered the most significant?
19. Long-term care consists of all EXCEPT
20. The country that spends more on health care per capita than any other is
21. Contributing factors to the high cost of health care are all of the following EXCEPT:
22. The health plan that is marketed as low cost and requires a �gate keeper� is
23. The Joint Commission accredits all of these organizations EXCEPT
24. Hospital spending increased in the 1960S due to
25. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services monitors quality on all EXCEPT
26. Which is an example of what occurred during the post-industrial era in health care?
27. The term quality assurance means
28. Health policies is synonymous with
29. An integrated delivery system
30. The organization that was created due to employer demand to compare health care organizations delivery of quality care is called
31. NCQA�s HEDIS consists of several measures that include all EXCEPT
32. Data is essential in measuring quality. Data is all of the following EXCEPT
33. The definition of is data collected specifically to detect unanticipated consequences of modifications to the process of care.
34. Which of the following methods for collecting new data is more resource intensive?
35. is the most frequently used data because of its ability to generate actionable information for quality improvement purposes.
36. The principal model for assessing the quality of health care is called
37. The four criteria of a Process measure are all EXCEPT
38. The act of measuring a process, which results in improvement because it is being measured, is known as the
39. Some of the advantages of using existing internal data resources over new data to be collected are all EXCEPT
40. Deming�s PDSA model has 4 stages. �D� stands for what?
41. An example of a Structure metric is all EXCEPT
42. __________coined the phrase �the vital few and the trivial many�
43. Operational considerations should be able to
44. Clinical data includes all EXCEPT
45. Which statement about new quality measures is true?
46. The key items to consider when selecting measures for quality improvement include all EXCEPT
47. Demographic data includes all EXCEPT
48. One method used to extract new data is
49. Which statement is true about probability-based schemes?
50. The reasons to collect new data instead of existing data includes all EXCEPT
51. The Six Sigma improvement methodology has 5 key features. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
52. One of the earliest documented uses of Six Sigma was to
53. One of the purposes that a hospital may want to consider the financial metric in a CQI process is
54. Healthcare leadership needs to create a culture that is receptive to change. Which of the following is the best example of an organization that looks at problems as opportunities for improvement?
55. The hospital revokes hospital privileges to a physician who wrote a prescription for a medication where the patient was allergic
56. Two popular methodologies to improve health care are
57. In using the steps of the DMAIC process, which would be an example of Analyze?
58. The acronym DMAIC is related to which CQI methodology
59. Which is an example of a parallel-meso structure?
60. Customer-oriented metrics can be referred to
61. Which of the following is a true statement about health care in the United States?
62. Gemba is a Lean Theory term, which can be defined as
63. What is meant by the empirical rule used in Six Sigma?
64. Map the value stream is one of the basic steps of Lean. Which example aligns with this step?
65. Kaizen event would be characterized by all of the following EXCEPT
66. The five S�s of Lean (Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke) describe the importance of a neat, clean, organized, and clutter free work environment.
Which would be an example of clean off your desk at the end of the day?
67. What is meant by parallel-meso structures?
68. Kaizen is referred to as
69. What is meant by the Lean Theory term jikoda?
70. An example of Lean�s poka-yoke is all EXCEPT
71. Quality improvement includes a working collaboration of
72. The Food and Drug Act was originally intended to
73. One of the first organizations established to monitor quality assurance was
74. An example of Donabedian�s �the ability to obtain the greatest health improvement at the lowest cost� would be all EXCEPT
75. The Department of Health and Human Services created
76. HEDIS stands for
77. An example of quality improvement is all EXCEPT
78. The characteristics of quality are all EXCEPT
79. The best example of the six aims created by the Institute of Medicine�s timely care is
80. Which is not one of the three-measure framework of assessing quality care?
81. Which of the following would NOT be an example of Continuous Quality Improvement project?
82. Quality improvement is usually accomplished by using a Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) model. There are steps in each. Which of the following falls under �identify alternatives� in the 10-step process?
83. What is required, according to Maslow (2010), in order for a person to move
to higher-level needs?
84. The quality improvement team must consider many elements prior to starting a quality improvement project. Which of the following should be considered
first before starting a quality improvement project?
85. Which stage of a team is considered the honeymoon phase?
86. Patient-centered care can be defined as
87. Important factors to consider in communicating effectively with a patient should include all EXCEPT
88. Variation in the CQI process can be defined as
89. Which of the following is an example of a cost effective quality improvement initiative for a hospital?
90. In order to effect change for a quality improvement project, and are critical to its success
91. Cost of quality improvement projects must be considered based on what two elements?
92. What are the key predictors of a quality improvement project�s success?
93. Ethical issues need to be considered as well in any quality improvement project. All of the following are considered ethical issues EXCEPT
94. What is considered the foundation of patient-centered care?
95. Which of the following is a true statement about the Continuous Quality Improvement?
96. Questions to ask after implementing a quality improvement project are all EXCEPT
97. Which of the following is an example of a sociological impact when considering a quality improvement initiative for a hospital?
98. In the post-stage of a quality improvement project, evaluating the effect is important because
99. The stages of teamwork are all EXCEPT
100. Which of the following is a true statement about the CQI strategy, PDSA?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.