PREP FOR HAWTHORNE/POE PRESENTATION ACTIVITY (worth 2 Assignment grades). This is a mock presentation, just the prep part, which will make sense when you read the instructions.
1. Skim through the short stories by clicking the folder under Literary Analysis. There are 7.
2. Choose one that excites your imagination, one that you’d like to use for your presentation and your analysis. Print it out and annotate it for story elements, literary devices, and themes. Make sure to consider HOW the author uses the device, element, or ___________ to make meaning. Another question you might ask is HOW _____________ contributes to the reader’s understanding of the work as a whole.
3. Print out and read carefully through the instructions for the presentation.
You will choose a Hawthorne or Poe short story from the Moodle folder, then email me your choice. This should be the same story you will write about for Formal Paper 3. Make sure to download before printing out so that we’re all using the same page numbers for citations.
2. Usually, this activity requires in-class presentations, but we will pretend. Instead, we’ll present to each other using our class forum application. Prepare and attach a PowerPoint (7-10 slides) that teaches your Hawthorne or Poe short story by showing a) how the author uses a literary element to develop the story and b) why the element is essential to the reader’s understanding of a critical theme.
3. All slides should have pictures and text.
4. CITATIONS: Since you’ll mention the author’s name and title in your introduction, there is no need to repeat it parenthetically, so you will only cite the page number of your quoted or referenced part of the story. Format parenthetical citations as follows:
In “Dr. Heidegger’s Experiment,” the author admits that his story’s protagonist has become “the nucleus for a thousand fantastic stories” (2).
Notice the placement of the close quote and the period after the close parenthesis. See MLA paper formatting for more information on this.
5. In a paragraph of at least 10 sentences, comment on at least one classmate’s presentation by the due date. Consider comments regarding the student’s responses to step 2 above and any other notables on which you’d like to comment.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.