Part I. Completion. (2 points each)
1. The _____ was the agreement by which the colony of Virginia purchased what is now West Virginia from the Iroquois Confederacy in 1744.
2. _____ are the types of sources historians use that are contemporary with the events being studied.
3. _____ was the effort on the part of the Vandalia investors to create a 14th state, which would include most of what is now West Virginia.
4. About 69 feet high with a diameter of 295 feet, the _____ was the subject of various theories about its origins until it was finally excavated in 1838.
5. Made transferable by the Virginia Land Law of 1779, ____ enabled settlers to claim up to four hundred acres by marking trees and “improving” the land.
6. Conducting an expedition to find the Northwest Passage, _____ explored as far as the New River in current Giles County, Virginia in September 1671.
7. Mistaken by whites to be a form of money, _____ was how Indians often kept track of genealogies, history, and diplomatic agreements.
8. The murder of the family of _____ in April 1774 did much to destabilize western Virginia right before Lord Dunmore’s War.
9. French claims on the Ohio Valley were based on the exploration of _____, a renowned 17th century explorer.
10. The principle Shawnee civil chief, _____ commanded Indian forces at the Battle of Point Pleasant in October 1774.
11. _____ was the 1816 Supreme Court case that returned land to the Fairfax that had been confiscated during the Revolutionary War by Virginia.
12. Later volunteering as an aide for General Braddock, _____ was sent by Virginia Governor Dinwiddie to warn the French that they were occupying the lands of the King of England.
13. As royal governor, _____ led an expedition in June 1716 that made the first scientific observations of the Appalachian Mountains and renewed Virginia’s interest in westward expansion.
14. _____ was the French fort at the Forks of the Ohio that threatened all English backed settlement in western Virginia.
15. An attempt to awaken the French “father,” _____ was the Indian uprising that immediately followed the Seven Years War and was finally suppressed by the Bouquet campaign.
Part II. Identification. Choose six of the following options. Write a paragraph identifying and explaining the significance of each choice. (5 points each)
Devereux Smith Anne Bailey Joseph Doddridge
Proclamation of 1763 John Fontaine Fort Gower Resolutions
Lewis Wetzel Ft. Henry Treaty of Camp Charlotte
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.