Directions: Identify which logical fallacy best corresponds to the examples below (Note: Answers may be used more than once.
• Straw Man
• False Dichotomy
• Ad Hominem
• Appeal to Ignorance
• Ad Populum
• Dicto Simpliciter
• Appeal to Pity
• Red Herring
• Appeal to Authority
• Slippery Slope
• Non Sequitur
• Begging the Question
• Missing the Point
• Conflicting Conditions
• Hasty Generalization
• Post Hoc
• False Analogy
• Weak Analogy
1. Supreme Court Justice Byron White was an All-American football player while in college, so how can you say that athletes are dumb?
2. Plagiarism is deceitful because it is dishonest.
3. You support capital punishment just because you want an “eye for an eye,” but I have several good reasons to believe that capital punishment is fundamentally wrong…
4. We have to stop the tuition increase! The next thing you know, they’ll be charging $40,000 a semester!
5. Water fluoridation affects the brain. Citywide, student’s test scores began to drop five months after fluoridation began.
6. It is ridiculous to have spent thousands of dollars to rescue those two whales trapped in the Arctic ice. Why look at all the people trapped in jobs they don’t like.
7. I weigh more than 20 pounds. Therefore, I am in Rome right now.
8. Why should we put people on trial when we know they are guilty?
9. The meteorologist predicted the wrong amount of rain for May. Obviously, the meteorologist is unreliable.
10. You know Jane Fonda’s exercise video’s must be worth the money. Look at the great shape she’s in.
11. The aluminum window blinds in my living room and the ones in my kitchen are the same color and type, and were both made by the same manufacturer, purchased at the same time, and in the same store. The window blinds in my living room are starting to rust. Therefore, the window blinds in my kitchen will probably start to rust as well.
12. Look, you are going to have to make up your mind. Either you decide that you can afford this stereo, or you decide you are going to do without music for a while.
13. Crimes of theft and robbery have been increasing at an alarming rate lately. The conclusion is obvious, we must reinstate the death penalty immediately.
14. I’m not a doctor, but I play one on the hit series ”Hero’s of the OR.” You can take it from me that when you need a fast acting, effective and safe pain killer there is nothing better than MorphiDope 2000. That is my considered medical opinion.
15. “No one has proven that the Loch Ness monster exists, therefore the Loch Ness monster does not exist.” (OR) “No one has proven that the Loch Ness monster does not exist, therefore the Loch Ness monster does exist.”
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.