NOT A PAPER!! PLEASE Format in Question, Answer Format
This week’s reading, chapter 7, focuses on the study of information behaviors through a review of the “models of information seeking”. The models of information seeking presented show the researcher’s “conceptualization” of the way in which people search for information, that is, showing the process a person might use to find information. From this conceptualization the research might form a theory, which would provide a general explanation for what is shown in the model. For this discussion Case&Given select twelve information seeking models, which were chosen because they “are more fully developed…or more widely used….” (pg. 145) In selecting these models for discussion Case&Given consider the models if it ” attempts to depict and explain a sequence of behavior by referring to relevant variables”. (pg. 146)
1. Develop your own “model of information seeking” (that is, the process you use for information seeking) using a diagram or narrative that shows the factors that are prevalent in your process for seeking information. Explain how this model depicts your information seeking behavior and does your model of information seeking behavior resemble any of the models presented in the reading?
2. After reviewing the models of information seeking what characteristic distinguishes Kuhlthau’s model from the others presented? In what areas of research is the Kuhlthau model used?
3.The next question is taken from Case&Given (2016) Appendix B for chapter 7.
Provide your thoughts about question #2 (pg.383) about “the models”.
(#2 – pg. 383) Which of the models depicted in this chapter makes the most sense to you? Which factors are most influential in your choice: The level of detail? The particular words chosen to describe the process? The emphasis — for example, written information, or everyday life information?
The following questions are taken from Case&Given (2016) Appendix B for chapter 7.
Provide your thoughts about questions #1, #3 and #4 (pgs.383-384).
1. (#1 – pg.383) Models are often said to precede theories — which is why this chapter appears before the chapter describing theories. Other than Wilson’s model, which explicitly mentions several possible theories, would you say that any of the other models embody any theories or assumptions about that way that people perceive, seek and/or use information? For instance, one possible assumption is that information resides in people (i.e., in terms of meanings) rather than in things (“containers” like books or films). For each model, then, would you say that the information seeking it describes is more of a search for meaning, or more about finding and examining the contents of information containers? Can you identify other basic assumptions behind these models?
2. (#3 – pg.384) The models described in this chapter appear to vary the most in regards to the “outcomes” — the explicit actions or other behaviors that come about as a result of the factors highlighted in the earlier stages of the model. Outcomes are variously characterized in terms of words like demands, success, satisfaction, attention, search, seeking, gathering, giving, interpersonal contact, and various kinds of “information use.” Why do models differ so much in the way that they describe human behavior that results from information seeking situations? Why isn’t there more agreement on a standard vocabulary for describing these things? Consider the main factors identified by each model and how that limits or proscribes what kinds of outcomes are likely in the case of each model.
3. (#4 – pg.384) What do you believe about the nature of reality? Does it exist completely outside of human consciousness, or do are some aspects of reality “constructed” by our minds and/or through social interaction? What do you take as evidence for your views, that is, what experiences or knowledge persuades you that your view of reality is probably accurate?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.