Step 6: [Use the Excel & PDF Files] Write-up in Word (40 points)
(1) Based on the horizontal, vertical, ratio analysis you conducted, select 4-5 accounts that you would want to analyze as a manager or executive of this company.
(2) For each account you selected, you must provide a short explanation (1-2 sentences) of why you choose to analyze this account. Your reasoning for account selection should be based on what you have learned in class and the results of your analysis.
(3) After discussing why you selected the account, you need to explain what caused the change in the account (1-2 sentences). Find this information from the company’s 10-K and cite the page numbers.
Tip: Once you open the 10-K PDF file in Adobe Reader, select “Edit” and “Find” and then type the account you selected. It will help you find sections related to the account.
Tip: The examples below will help you understand how to write this section. That is, you can use these examples as your write-up templates.
(1) Accounts receivable, net: I chose this account because the results of horizontal analysis indicated that it decreased by $XX million and XX% from 2018 to 2019. The results of vertical analysis also indicated that this account decreased from X% of total assets in 2018 to X% of total assets in 2019. This account decreased mainly due to… (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
(2) Cash and cash equivalents: I chose this account since the results of horizontal analysis showed that this account had the most significant changes during 2019, i.e., $XX and XX%. This account also increased from X% of total assets in 2018 to X% of total assets in 2019. This account increased primarily due to the proceeds (cash received) related to…. (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
(3) Current portion of long-term debt: I selected this account because it showed the most significant percentage change during 2019. In particular, the results of horizontal analysis indicated that this account increased by $XX and XX% from 2018 to 2019. The major reason for this change is because the company…. (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
(4) Casino Revenue: I selected this account based on the results of the horizontal analysis. This account increased by $XX and XX% from 2018 to 2019. The results of vertical analysis also indicated that this account increased from X% of total revenue in 2018 to X% of total revenue in 2019. According to MGM’s annual report, this account increased primarily due to the following factors:… (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
(5) Gain on X: Based on the results of horizontal analysis, I selected this account since it showed the most significant amount change during 2019 (i.e., $XX). The company recorded a gain of $XX related to X, which reflects… (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
(6) Total Revenue: Based on the outcomes of horizontal analysis, I selected the company’s total revenue (i.e., consolidated net revenue). The amount of this account increased from $XX in 2018 to $XX in 2019, which is a X% increase. This change was mainly due to…. (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X). (7) Operating income: I chose this account, as the company’s operating income (i.e., consolidated operating income) significantly increased in 2019, compared to 2018 (i.e., increased by $XX and XX%). According to MGM’s annual report, this account was impacted by the following factors: … (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X). (8) Net income attributable to MGM Resorts International: I selected this account based on the results of ratio analysis. In particular, X ratio increased from X% in 2018 to X% in 2019. This account increased by $XX and XX%, mainly due to… (MGM Resorts International, 2020, p. X).
IMPORTANT: Your write-up should be minimum 1 page and maximum 2 pages, excluding the cover page and references page. Follow APA format. Double-spaced, Times New Roman & Size 12, and one inch page margin for all sides.
Step 7: Create a references page for your report following APA style (5 points)
Tip: Use the following website: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_for mat.html
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.