Adolescent Reaction Paper
· Paper Organization
Over 85% of Americans will become parents, but we do not “teach” young adults about how to become effective parents. Midway through the semester, you will be asked to submit a paper based on your reactions to a book of your choosing which addresses developmental, behavioral, or educational issues affecting adolescents. Use this course assignment as an opportunity to select an aspect of raising a tween/teen/young adult that interests you. For example, if you are interested in risk-taking, you could select a book on dealing with kiddos who are using drugs/alcohol. If you are interested in maximizing educational attainment, perhaps you select a book on educating young adults. Alternatively, it could be a book about treating this age group clinically (e.g., depression, anxiety, ADHD, autism, etc). Select your book, and take notes as you read the text. Using the suggested outline below AND the grading sheet, develop your book review
Papers must have six or more good paragraphs and be 4+ pages long. IN ADDITION TO THE TITLE PAGE.
STRICTLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW.
Format: New Times Roman font, size 12
Page 1: Title Page (see grading sheet)
Page 2: Start your page with the title, centered in the middle of the page (no bold)
Paragraph 1- Describe the purpose of the assignment (use above description for clues). Describe the target audience, or who should read it. Then describe why you selected the book. Next, provide a brief overview of the book (e.g., this book educates parents about how to reduce ADHD symptoms at home instead of medication use).
Paragraph 2- Describe preconceived notions you had about this age group and the book theme (e.g., about tweens and social media, early adults and depression, etc)
Paragraphs 3 Select one major thing you learned and provide 3-5 good examples to support this idea. At least 2 of these ideas or facts should come from the book and be supported by research.
Paragraphs 4 Select one major thing you learned and provide 3-5 good examples to support this idea. At least 2 of these ideas or facts should come from the book and be supported by research.
Paragraphs 5 Select one major thing you learned and provide 3-5 good examples to support this idea. At least 2 of these ideas or facts should come from the book and be supported by research.
Paragraph 6 Conclusion.
THE SOURCES SHOULD BE AT LEAST 3:
– THE COURSE BOOK. Kuther, T. (2020). Adolescence in Context: Lives in Context 1st ed. Sage.
– THE BOOK CHOSEN FROM THE LIST BELOW
– ANOTHER PEERED REVIEWD SORCES.
· Book List
Select a book from below or propose (and get it approved) a similar book.
1. Almost autism: Recovering children from sensory processing disorder: a reference for parents and practitioners
2. Being me with OCD: How I learned to obsess less and live my life (obsessive compulsive disorder)
3. Boy without instructions: Surviving the learning curve of parenting a child with adhd
4. Don’t let your emotions run your life for teens: Dialectical behavior therapy skills for helping you manage mood swings, control angry outbursts
5. Driven to distraction (revised): Recognizing and coping with attention deficit disorder
6. My anxious mind: A teen’s guide to managing anxiety and panic
7. No drama discipline (positive parenting)
8. Parenting from the inside out (positive parenting)
9. Parenting the strong willed child (positive parenting)
10. Smart but stuck: Emotions in teens and adults with ADHD
11. The explosive child: a new approach for understanding and parenting easily frustrated, chronically inflexible children
12. Taking charge of ADHD, third edition: the complete, authoritative guide for parents
13. The curse of the good girl: raising authentic girls with courage and confidence
14. The reason I jump: The inner voice of a thirteen-year-old boy with autism
15. The science of making friends: Helping socially challenged teens and young adults (aspergers)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.