1. The Canterbury Tales (CT) and The Refugee Tales both address the power structures in their society in different ways. CT looks at the three estates (social classes) through a tale-telling contest, often asking questions about what truly guides the tales told by each of the pilgrims. The Refugee Tales, on the other hand, uses the telling of tales to look at the corruption of power and the dangers of losing power or agency. Using these two works, examine the different ways in which they address the issues of social class, agency, tale-telling, and power. Think about how these ideas are defined, how they are different in each work, and any similarities you see between them.
2. Compare and contrast the portrayal of two of the pilgrims from the Canterbury Tales by looking at the portraits in the General Prologue. Consider what sort of social stereotypes are used in these portrayals. Consider, too, how they are assessed by the narrator or even by other characters in the text. Try to come to a conclusion about the portrayal of the two characters you choose.
Strong analytical papers generally have the following elements:
• An introductory paragraph with a clear, analytical thesis statement, preferably one that addresses how question (how the texts achieve particular effects) and a why questions (what “message” the texts convey to us). The introductory paragraph should not “funnel”—that is, beginning with such statements as “From the beginning of time” and moving gradually toward your point. The introductory paragraph should get to the point in a succinct and interesting way.
• Each paragraph should have a clear, analytical topic sentence (generally the first sentence) that conveys the key idea of the paragraph.
• The conclusion should point to the larger ramifications of your analysis.
You are welcome to draw on the material in the texts, including introductory information and appendices. Please use in-text citations and affix a bibliography formatted according to MLA guidelines (as specified in Purdue OWL https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/24/) ) to your paper. Remember that all sources (including online ones!) must be cited.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.