CM is a 43-year-old female who presents with concerns regarding two painless right-breast lumps that she detected four months ago. She missed an appointment for evaluation by her primary-care provider at that time and presents today with reportedly no change in these findings since that time. There has been no breast discharge, bleeding, overlying skin changes, lymphadenopathy, or fevers; she denies recent or past breast trauma. She did, however, undergo a stereostatic breast biopsy three years ago that demonstrated atypical lobular hyperplasia, and there is a known family history of breast cancer (mother, diagnosis at age 48). Current review is significant for a 10-pound weight loss due to diminished appetite over the last two months. Amenorrheic x three years; no current hormonal-replacement therapy or previous oral-contraceptive use; had levonorgestrel implantation at age 28, removed at age 33 and has only used condoms since, but nothing now as she is not sexually active.
This case is meant to highlight indications for breast-cancer screening and to outline the standard evaluation of a female who presents with a breast mass.
Learning objectives for the case:
• Distinguish between the common types of breast masses.
• Know the guidelines for breast-cancer screening.
• Explain the reasoning behind the standard diagnostic approach to a patient with a breast mass.
Also review with following in order to adequately answer the questions in regard to the case above:
• Epidemiology: what is the latest information regarding Breast Cancer?
• Clinical considerations: what are the considerations you should explore in regard to this disorder (e.g. most common presenting symptom, less common symptoms, physical exam findings, testing to order (with rationale) – which is most recommended in regard to this case and why.
• Review the TMN classification system.
• Review the SEER staging system as an alternative rating system for epidemiology reporting.
• Explain the Risk factors for developing breast cancer. What risk factors does this patient have for breast cancer?
After completing your Case Study and reviewing the guidelines for breast-cancer screening, answer the following Discussion Board questions using the latest evidenced based guidelines:
• Discuss the questions that would be important to include when interviewing a patient with this issue, including any risk factors she may have.
• Describe the clinical findings that may be present in a patient with this issue.
• Are there any diagnostic studies that should be ordered on this patient? Why?
• List the primary diagnosis and three differential diagnoses for this patient. Explain your reasoning for each.
• Discuss your management plan for this patient, including pharmacologic therapies, tests, patient education, referrals, and follow-ups.
Please use at least one of these references:
From your course textbook, Gynecologic Health Care, read the following chapters:
From your course textbook, Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Gynecologic Settings, read the following chapters:
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
From your course textbook, Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care, read the following chapters:
Thyroid Function and Disease in Adolescents and Young Adults
Amenorrhea, the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, and Hirsutism
Breast Disorders and Gynecomastia
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.