Write an 8-10 page research-based argument to support your position on some aspect of a topic of your choice, i.e., a topic that is open to debate and about which not every rational person agrees. Your argument should ultimately be a policy claim, i.e., a claim about what you think should be done with respect to some situation. In supporting policy claims, writers usually need to also make claims of fact and/or claims of value, which, in turn, must be supported with evidence.
• Argue effectively for one side of a topic to a specific audience.
• Use different types of arguments, different types of appeals, and different kinds of evidence to support your claims.
• Learn why and how to include counterarguments to increase your credibility.
• Use credible sources to support the arguments that you make.
• Use a correct documentation style to cite and format.
1. You are required to provide arguments to support a side of a controversial topic of your choice. You must use different types of arguments as well as a mixture of the appeals and supporting evidence to support your claims.
2. In addition to any other type of supporting information you use (examples, hypothetical situations, etc.) you must also use a minimum of 8 credible sources that have expert knowledge on the topic. You will use a combination of summary, paraphrase, and quotation from your sources to fully convince readers, but no more than 10% of the essay should be direct quotes.
3. You may use visuals, if they specifically enhance the understanding of the topic (so no gratuitous clip art). As with any source that you use, visuals must be properly cited.
4. You may also use your own background knowledge, if applicable. Anecdotes can be quite powerful in helping readers see the subject through your eyes, but make sure not to rely on them too heavily.
5. Write in a voice, tone, and style that is suitable for the genre, purpose, and audience of the essay.
6. This essay, as well as all formal essays, is required to be formatted and cited in a specific documentation style of your choice (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.). Please make sure that you have a current handbook as a guide and see me if you have any questions about this.
In addition to the English Department grading guidelines that can be found in the syllabus, you will receive a specific rubric for the assignment that breaks the evaluation down into several categories: Responsiveness, Thesis/Purpose, Organization/Unity, Support/Development, and Presentation. The activities and discussions that we do and have in class will specifically help you in each of these areas.
• Choose a topic that is debatable and has at least two viable sides, each with credible sources to support it.
• Read several sources on that topic and choose the ones that you feel are a) the most credible on the subject and b) that will help make your arguments more convincing to your readers.
• Decide what additional information you want to include to bolster the strength of your arguments, such as examples and hypothetical situations.
• Outline your essay:
o Intro with a strong thesis
o Body that lays out your arguments and counterarguments
o Conclusion that reemphasizes the main points
• Write the first draft.
• Peer review the draft and then revise it accordingly
• Proofread for surface level errors as well to make sure that the formatting and documentation is correct.
• Turn in the final draft electronically on Blackboard in a Word or rich text file.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.